Summer Horseback Riding Day Camp
Greyden Equestrian Facility is an affordable, warm & friendly equestrian facility just outside the Village of Erin, Ontario. Our camps fill VERY FAST, so get your registration in as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
- Year-Round Riding Lessons
- Summer Day Camp Programs
- Clinics/Fun Days and Entry Level Little Rider’s Club
- Indoor arena, Outdoor Dressage ring, and Jumper ring.
It is our goal to teach the young/first-time and novice rider the basics of good horsemanship while emphasizing having fun, being creative, and learning all about horses.
Greyden Equestrian Summer Riding Camps are specifically designed for children between 7 and 14, who are keen on learning to ride safely and learning how to care for the animals.
Each Camp Includes:
- the basics of riding horses safely
- good horsemanship, good grooming, and stable management
- care and maintenance of tack and horse equipment
- learning conformation and parts of the horses, and about breeds and colours
- fun, informative theory lessons
- introduction to proper horse care
- themed events, games (on horseback), and making crafts
- water sports (no swimming) at lunch hour
- indoor arena (so we ride even on rainy days!)
- water slip ‘n slide, playground
- hiking trails, and acres of scenery for fun exploration
Payment in full is required on JUNE 1, 2023; however, registration must be sent in immediately to reserve your spot. The cancellation fee is $50. Our camps have limited numbers and fill very quickly, each year.
For the 2023 registration form click here. PLEASE NOTE: Gmail tends to filter out our emails. If you have not heard back from us, please email us from a non-gmail email address.
Itinerary for Each Camp
Monday to Friday the children will ride every day. The instructional riding period (not just a trail ride) is where we teach the new equestrians proper control of their horse, safety around horses, and how to control their horse in a group.
As the week progresses the student learns more about being a good rider and readying them for our horse show and demonstration each Friday afternoon (for select camps).
Our horse show is a fun show to “show off” to loved ones and visitors what each camper learned during the week.
The 2023 Camp Registration Form, please click here.
Checklist for What to Bring & Wear to Day Camps:
- nutritious snack, lunch and drinks, water bottles with LOTS to drink
- your own sunscreen
- riding boots with a heel (no running shoes, please!)
- clothing suitable for riding (tights, jogging pants or breeches) please no jeans
- change of clothing for hot days, (shorts or bathing suit and a towel for water games)
- we can supply riding helmets for each camper, but bring your own if you have one
- please note, there is no sharing of food or drinks, and please have everything that is sent with your rider labeled with his/her name on it.
THERE ARE NO SLEEPOVER CAMPS.